Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Hello, ICAD!

Tomorrow is June first, or as I like to think of it, ICAD day! Once again, Tammy Garcia of Daisy Yellow Art is hosting sixty-one days of creativity, as we embark upon the 2022 version of the Index Card a Day project! You can follow along on Tammy's Instagram account, Gypsy999, which is well worth the trip at any time of year, but especially fun in June and July.


You really don't need anything special to participate in this project, besides some index cards (and yes, they really should be actual, cheap, flimsy index cards from the office supply store; as opposed to pieces of high quality watercolor paper cut to size!) and some way to make marks upon them. You can collage, draw, doodle, write poems or haiku, make lists, swatch your markers or paints, practice handlettering or do a little bit of everything. The point of the exercise is to do SOMETHING creative, for a few minutes a day, for two months in a row. 
But... having said all of that... I've done this for the last ten summers, and I've discovered that having a little purpose-made minibook to hold all of my cards is a huge boost to my moral and my commitment.   

I think the 2022 version miiiiight be my favorite ICAD book ever and I can't wait to start working on some of Tammy Garcia's inspiring (optional!) prompts!

My plan is to post daily index cards on Instagram (my feed is llaurenb) starting tomorrow, and then do weekly round-ups right here, so stay tuned it you love small format art!

2 comments:

  1. Love your cover card, but then I love all your mandalas, I'm looking forward to seeing your ICAD mini inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always blow me away with your ICAD creations! Love, love, love this cover!!!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~