Tuesday, March 15, 2022

SOS466: Spring is in the *AIR*!

At Shopping Our Stash we're definitely looking forward to Spring, and celebrating that fact (slightly tangentially) this fortnight by making cards which feature something that flies; hence the title, "Spring is in the Air"! I went with butterflies... see?


The butterflies in question are ancient Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers dies (that I still LOVE and use a lot!) cut once from the gorgeous purple paisley Blue Fern Studio patterned paper and once from deep purple cardstock. My sentiment is a combo of two things found in the "leftovers" pile... a diecut Hero Arts "happy" and a stamped Taylored Expressions Simple Strip. The background is my all-time favorite scrap-using technique, which I explained in more detail on this post from 2018. I come back to this quilt-inspired idea again and again because it's simple, yet satisfying; and the results are always a little bit surprising... in a good way!


I do hope you'll visit SOS to see what our creative and crafty crew have made to inspire you and then start planning what sort of critter or machine will be FLYING through your next card!

4 comments:

  1. Your collage card is beautiful!! I love the stitching you added...gives great texture!! Another great card to inspire those who decide to play along with us for our "spread your wings" challenge over at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, great background,great scraps busting technique. and butterflies are always perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a clever way to cut the butterflies and very inventive. Also inventive is the background. I'll just go and collect some scraps together and have a go...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have to introduce this hacker that I have been working with him on getting my credit score been boosted across the Equifax, TransUnion and Experian report. He made a lot of good changes on my credit report by erasing all the past eviction, bad collections and DUI off my credit report history and also increased my FICO score above 876 across my three credit bureaus report you can contact him for all kind of hacks . Email him here support@wavedrive.tech go on their website wavedrive.tech for more details,Whatsapp No:+14106350697 if you want to chat them up,One thing i can assure you would not regret this at all he is 100% legit

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~