Thursday, September 24, 2020

Folded Fronts

The Collins Virtual Online Symposium was a very inspiring experience for all of us at The Ink Pad. There are loads of fabulous new products on order; but in the meantime, we're having fun exploring some of the ideas gleaned from the wonderful classes. Dare 2B Artzy showed off a card that had a really cool fold, so I just had to try my own version. The results are on The Ink Pad Blog this morning!


I used Altenew's Hennah Elements Stamps for my focal images, and nestled the fussy-cut flowers and leaves on stacked Postage Infinity Dies from Hero Arts. Both cards are A2s, and landscape oriented,so that they have their hinges on the lefthand side. This allowed me --before I began to embellish-- to SCORE and fold back a portion of the card fronts. So the card on top in the photo above has had it's front scored vertically at the 2.75" point, and folded back. The card on the bottom had it's front flap scored diagonally and folded back. It may be a bit hard to see what I'm saying in that picture, so here's one with the fronts standing open:



I stamped the flowers in WOW Clear Embossing Ink, embossed with Ranger Black Embossing Powder and colored them with Distress Oxide Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Peacock Feathers, Milled Lavender and Wilted Violet to match the grungy gel prints I used as colorblock panels. (By the way, that is one of my favorite gel printing tips: clean-up prints, uninteresting ghost prints, and failed photo image transfers are GREAT for backgrounds and diecutting!)


I hope you'll be inspired to try a new fold for your cards or art journal pages. And speaking of NEW, our website has a brand NEW section for all the freshest items, you should probably check that out! 

loves making cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~