Wednesday, September 23, 2020

No Time Like the Presents

I only buy plain, undecorated, giftbags at the big box store. Because I know I can make them unique and fancy with my Eyelet Outlet Goodies! I made this set for my mom's birthday. She loves backyard birdwatching, her beautiful garden, and she's very fond of bling!



I added strips of Bird Tape alternating with Peonies Shimmer Tape, Bird and Flower Tape, accented with Skinny Pink Glitter Tape. I ran each strip neatly around to the side and tucked it into the fold; although a nice thing about rolls of washi tape is that you can actually run your tape all the way around the bag and make a continuous design. (It's still a good idea to start and end in the side fold, however!) I added white Paper Flowers with Pearl Brad and Jewel Brad centers and snipped apart some green Paper Flowers to serve as leaves. Finally I scattered a few hot pink Sequins around for extra sparkle.


If you're going to make a giftbag as fancy as this, you really need to go all the way and make a matching card, right? I used all of the same tapes and embellies as on the bag; just simplified them a bit to fit a smaller, 6" square shape. I did add a sweet bird from our Bluebird and Robin set to the center of my flower stack, too.


I hope you'll be inspired to use your Eyelet Outlet Embellishments to make your own custom gift bags; I know your recipients will love the results!

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous, love your use of the tapes on the bag and it's awesome use of the tapes on the card. fabulous placement of the flowers and gems. The are just AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~