Tuesday, July 31, 2018

all shook up

this week's challenge at shopping our stash... have you guessed from my title? ...is to make a shaker card. i have to confess that i'm not what you'd call a natural engineer, so i do need a push to create anything more interactive than a card that opens in the traditional manner. but i always love the end result!

patterned paper: pebbles, sei, heidi swapp and best creation white glitter paper for snow + scraps of glitz design, studio calico and elle's studio for the diecuts; snowy transparency sheet: hunkydory designs; reindeer dies: impression obsession; tree die: echo park; sentiment flag: elle's studio; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape, sewing machine

yes, i've made a holiday card. for some reason, all of my shaker ideas revolved around snow this time. and let's face it, you can NEVER have too many xmas cards done early. at least i never can. i've used some ancient pebbles paper for the front of the card, and inside the shaker window there is even ancienter paper from a springy SEI collection that i always think looks like gusts of snow, so my last few scraps are stored in with my holiday stuff. my window is made from awesome heavy duty, snow-patterned acrylic that stephanie found for me. inside it are tiny clear microbeads from a jar that has the name of the LSS near my mom's house, which closed at least ten years ago, so i think it's safe to say i don't make enough shaker cards?* i've trimmed out with a bunch of the diecuts i made from my smaller holiday scraps at the beginning of the year. it's really handy to have a bunch of basic shapes ready to roll!


need more inspiration? there's nothing shaky about my SOS design team darlings... except their cards this week! ♥

*because it's not even a very big jar of microbeads... and there are still some left, lol!

6 comments:

  1. I so want to case this card! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job on this, Lauren, as always! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shaker card, I want to case it too, I think I have that tree paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhh yep, I also want to CASE this card, but I would never attempt it!!
    So pretty!
    Snow is perfect for shaker cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Lauren! Very creative and very unexpected! As always, you did a great job!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, awesome card! I agree with your opening paragraph about just making basic open-up cards, but it is fun to "build" once in a while (I guessss....)
    The ancient and more ancienter paired rocks! Love that you saw snow flurries in the spring paper! Seems appropriate-- we get lotsa snow in spring! Cheers, and great card!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~