Thursday, November 22, 2012

there's a reason knitters make a lot of scarves...

...they're generally pretty easy and straightforward to accomplish, and if one happens to live in the northeast or somewhere similarly chilly in winter they're quite practical to give as gifts. here's one i made for my friend kim's birthday:


that's my friend kim modelling it, but she asked me not to get her face in the photo, so i didn't. not that she's a bigamist on the lam, or in the witness protection program, or anything sinister like that; she'd just had a long day and wasn't in the mood to pose. though, come to think of it, i've never seen her and sammy "the bull" gravano together. ...hmmmm... ok, well, ummmmm.... let's take another close-up look at the scarf, shall we?


it's the "pull though" style, which i think are really cute. i used this pattern, from the sweater babe blog, which is quite cool, if you like that sort of thing. (and i do!) the yarn is berroco pronto, which has a kind of polished matte finish, that's completely different from the angora-blend yarn recommended in the pattern, but i think it came out nicely. i knit it on size 10 needles; which, after months of doing tiny barbie clothes on 1's and 2's, was like suddenly being transferred to gulliver's hometown! i really enjoyed knitting the falling leaf lace pattern, as well, it was complicated enough to be interesting, without being at all difficult; basically the perfect combination!

another perfect combination i enjoy is: thanksgiving, family, and a big delicious meal... all of which i'm looking forward to later today, and hope my american darlings are, as well! not to be left out, i'd like to wish all of you darlings in the rest of the world a particularly ♥FABULOUS♥ thursday; do feel free to eat a slice of of pie or some other special treat in the middle of the day, with my compliments-- because there are NO calories on thanksgiving, a benefit i'm happily sharing with you! ♥♥♥

5 comments:

  1. Well, maybe not pie but I did just eat chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels for breakfast. Yeah, I'm not proud of it...but omg are they good.

    Amazing scarf! And your post made me chuckle.

    Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome scarf! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job!!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I've made lots of scarves too - but I can only crochet. Knitting is like stabbing myself in the eyeballs ;) I totally love the texture & pattern of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute scarf. You and your friends in witness protection... lol

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~