Friday, October 21, 2011

JB43: softly falling snow

i've mentioned before that my favorite weeks at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ are those in which we have a lovely guest star come along with a fabulous prompt and their own inspiring take on it, and this week is no exception. the very awesome noelle mcadams suggested we build our cards around ♥SOFT♥ and snuggly materials: felt, fabric, ribbon, tulle, flocking, flowersoft... well it's quite a long list, isn't it? and i'm sure you're already thinking up what you'd like to do this time, aren't you?

in the meantime, here is my card:

(selection of cotton quilting fabrics, xyroned onto index stock and die-cut; patterned paper: tim holtz, echo park; felt snowflakes & gem: hero arts; rub-on snowflakes: hambly; sentiment sticker: 7 gypsies; brads: oriental trading; pink sparkly tulle: kate's paperie; ink: colorbox; adhesives: xyron, tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)


if this looks slightly familiar, that might be because i did a reallllly cute felt-pieced reindeer for the baby it's cold outside prompt last february. when i mentioned to stef that i was bummed not to be able to do that again, she immediately said, "WHY NOT??!?!" which started me thinking: why not, indeed??!?! afterall, that's why we buy stamps, and dies, and more than one sheet of the same patterned paper, isn't it? precisely in order to be able to use a great idea more than once! so i made a brand new version of one of my favorite cards! this time i've used a sizzix die, and fashioned both the reindeer and the pink snowy hills on which she stands, from cotton fabric that i've xyroned onto index stock in order to give it a bit of "backbone"! since the deer is sooooooo adorable i didn't need much more: a few felt snowflakes, an appropriate sentiment, and a bit of stitching and i had wrapped this baby up!

and now i hope you'll hop over to ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ in order to see the gorgeousness perpetrated by noelle and stephanie, and then start plotting your own "softly falling" card!

16 comments:

  1. Sue-pah SWEET...you and the woodland creatures...love when you rock them like you do....xyron'd fabric...oy, you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just THE CUTEST!! LOVE it soooooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilting fabric Xyroned onto cardstock and die cut???? Now I want a DO-OVER on my card! This is just darling, Lauren! I Love the pink background & the fab dimension you have added with the inked /stitched background! Thanks for featuring my prompt this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love it Lauren... you created the perfect "soft" look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Красивая открытка, нежное сочетание.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to take a tiny bit of credit for this soft little masterpiece ... after all I did say "why not?" ... even though I had no idea it would lead to this cutie ... seriously one of my favorites of the year ... ♥♥♥♥♥ it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Just looove your card.

    Outi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is just so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is such a pretty little deer - the fabric is so pretty. Lovely details with the tulle and gems - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...the sweetest deer ever!!! Love this card and all the detail...great job, take care!!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute!! What a great idea. I love the whole "soft" Christmas card theme. Very cool. I've finally been going through my stuff so hopefully I can gather a bit later and make something. I love this deer with all its pink. Totally great. I've starting making Christmas lists and getting things together!! I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet and adorable - nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore this card. every single inch of it. pinned it already. I wish so much that I had the patience and creativity to make something as gorgeous as this but I know I'm way too lazy LOL! Such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is fabulous, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lauren! This card is too adorable! But then, I think all of your cards fall into that category! :)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~