Friday, October 14, 2011

JB42: a caroling we will go!

not for the first time, we ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ are embracing holiday music in our choice of prompts... but this time, there's a twist: *YOU* get to choose the tune! yep, this week, we're asking you to create a card based on any christmas carol or holiday song you like; anything is fair game, from "oh holy night" to "dreidel, dreidel, dreidel" to "grandma got run over by a reindeer"!

here's a little story only a BIG LAUREN could write: we've been using song titles all year. many of 'em were my suggestion. i've used sheet music at least once a month in one of my JB cards. but when i sat down this week i went totally BLANK!!!!!!!!!!! :) luckily, i had my file of cool vintage xmas stuff close at hand and riffling through i found this sheet music, which set me on the right course (phew!):


(vintage: sheet music; postcard: downloaded from t'internet & printed on photo paper; patterned paper: tim holtz, creative imaginations, paper co; decorative border: k&co; florals: michaels; brads: my mind's eye; edge punches: recollections, martha stewart; stickers: martha stewart, making memories; adhesives: uhu gluestick, tombow monorunner)


and now i hope you'll pick a song, make a card, and link up at JINGLE BELLES by next wednesday night so we can all come admire your cleverness!!! ♥

8 comments:

  1. This is lovely ... great challenge again Miss lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, this is super magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanted to do last week with the pink and time just got away from me. Now I want to do this one. I'll have to go through my stash later. I love your card. Its freaking awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful x-mas card with a fantastic vintage feeling to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, SOOOO fabulous Lauren! This is gorgeous, I can't pick a favorite part! :)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~