for a whole entire week.
this week, actually.
and for the first time in two years, i've decided not to blog as i go. for one thing, i'm not sure how much internet we will have...for another (ARRRGH!) the laptop has been acting a bit freaky... (though i think* i have it fixed now!) and for a third thing, i'm wondering if i even know HOW to live internet-less for a week...which i feel is a bit of a sign of hardcore dependency...so i think a little "unplugging" is in order.
as i write this, i owe everyone in the universe--with the exception of the dalai lama and bruce willis--an email; and don't even get me started on the subject of my recent performance with regard to blog-visiting!!! ...but...und ziss iss a beeeeeeeg "but"...it ain't gonna happen this week. sorry, folks! however, upon my return i promise, i shall be a wholly reformed character!**
happy vacation, darlings!!!
*if your windows-based computer wants to download "service pack 3" consider taking the following steps FIRST:
1. make sure you've done everything computery you need to do for the next few days
2. back up EVERY SINGLE FILE. every. single. file.
3. download the instructions for un-installing it (in case of the ludicrously absurd scenario that it somehow DOESN'T WORK & refuses to let you start up windows ever again!)
4. refill your antidepressant prescriptions
5. go to church and make a novena
6. boff yourself repeatedly on the head until unconsciousness ensues
7. repeat steps 1-6 as many times as necessary
(not that i think you will have trouble or anything...so sirree bob! i mean hey, if you can't trust those adorably sweet & fluffy folks at microsoft, by golly, WHO CAN YOU TRUST??!??!)
**WHAT??!??! it could happen. no, seriously. why are you laughing in that funny way and snorting coffee out of your nose??!