Wednesday, December 29, 2010

xmas fave five

debby at scrapjourney--a cool and new-to-me papercrafting site i discovered this week--is having a blog candy draw for which the entry is a post listing my top five christmas cards that i made this year. so here they are in no particular order:

it's pink...it's layery...it's got my fave TH reindeer die used on recycled soda cans!

not so pink...but still layery and reindeer-based...this time i gussied him up with some snowflake rub ons (to hide a few imperfections in my flattened can!)

blue again...with a fancy compound flower + snowflakes embellishment...on a transparency base

this one might be my most fave: i used a sketchy thursday sketch as my scheme...and so it's MUCH more sophisticated than i'd've thought up on my own!

and we've come full circle to pink again...on a hambly transparency...with ancient KI memories letters that had to be sewn on because they weren't sticky enough any more!


proud as i am of ALL of these...at the moment my MOST favorite holiday card is the one i made for the very first JINGLE BELLES prompt that debuts this saturday, january first! i hope you'll drop by then and see it...and maybe you'll like to join us in our mission to make our 2011 holiday cards EARLY...by doing one a week??! (did i mention there's going to be a bit of a giveaway during january??!?!)

hope to see you saturday, darlings!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, so cool and wonderful reindeer - can't believe they are made from soda pop cans! Love the other cards, too, just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I love all of these. (DUH, Lauren made them.) I don't think I made 5 cards this year. LOL.

    Jingle Belles is callin' my name...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW these are stunning.
    Thank you for joining in with my challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. woot woot!!!! These are all beauties!!!! Of course:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your reindeer are so pretty, I love that they used to be soda cans! I can't wait to see the first card prompt at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful holiday cards! love them all!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~