Friday, December 3, 2010

peaceful blue christmas sketch card*

another transparency-based holiday card for you today. i hope you'll be able to see the fun white-on-clear snowflakes; the light here isn't terrific at the moment! i used kazan's awesome sketch #67 from 2S4Y:



as well as taking inspiration from this week's blue christmas theme at city crafter challenge blog:


and here is my card:


(transparency: hambly; patterned paper: basic grey, dcwv, hambly, ki lace paper snowflake; brad: k&co; bling word: mambi; inks: colorbox; adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)

hope you're having a lovely day...

happy friday, darlings!

eta later on friday: i am also sharing this today for buzz, brag and bee happy friday...a super-fun feature at one of my fave new inspiration blogs, betty bee's buzz! why not drop by and see their DT's cool creations... (including my lovely friend june's gorgeous eiffel tower ATC's!) ...and then share some good news or a favorite recent project of your own?! they do it every friday...how cool is that?!


*yes. i know. this is one of my most boring titles EVER! but it was either this, or "OMG! there are only *23* days until xmas now!!!!!!!!!!!!" and that woulda bummed all of us out, wouldn't it? so in the interests of public morale, i went with dull but descriptive. you're welcome. :)

15 comments:

  1. HOLY MOLEY!! This card is FANTASTIC! WOW! ANd thanks for the descriptive title :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you always keep your loyal fans smiling with your upbeat and funny titles :)

    You always rock those acetate cards, my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card!!! I love this ... the snowflakes are just stunning ... oh and happy friday to you too darling

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous card, miss lauren! i loooooove your snowflake. it's so pretty!!! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful friday and weekend!
    *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!your card is gorgeous! Love the use of acetate and wow on the colors!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Betty Bee's Buzz!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Lauren! I just love your sense of humor! YOu make my day start out with a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gorgeousness!! That layered snowflake is a sit up, take notice and shout WOW kind of embellishment! Love it!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzer!!! There is no better word as I am speechless, you rock gal! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB, so good to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack 23 days till Christmas? EEK! I'm so behind. I love this card. I'm feeling the see thru cards. Totally gorgeous. Can't wait to see more cards in the next few days!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this may be my favorite ... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My oh my this is stunning. That snowflake...WOW!!! I love love love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness. This is such a beautiful creation. I Love it..
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous gorgeous card, girl! wow! love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmmm. Are you *truly* Lauren??? Are you absolutely, positively sure?
    THERE IS NO PINK!
    Although, there is some bling.... Perhaps you *are* Lauren! :) (and, btw, I *LOVE* it! especially the transparent-y part!)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~