Sunday, December 12, 2010

i call it "modular mass production"

but what i mean is: this year i needed to make A LOT of cards quickly, but it sort of kills me to keep making exactly the same one. so i chose a couple of ideas (mostly based on which of my supplies were most plentiful!) and a few basic layouts, and made thematic groups of holiday cards. here are the PINK* ONES:







you'll notice they all have punched border strips and layered flowers and snowflakes. they've all got some bling and machine stitching. they all use different combinations of the same papers. they're all individuals...but there's a strong "family resemblance". pretty much every card i made this year had something in common with every other card, but i don't have any two that are IDENTICAL. this way of doing things was definitely slower--and infinitely more fun--than regular mass production; but was lots quicker than making 50+ unique cards. in the next couple of weeks i'll show you additional "groups" and talk a bit more about
the process...and the many MANY ways in which lovely husband jeff earned his nickname yet again whilst this full-frontal assault on the holidays was taking place!!! ♥


*cause it may be christmas...but i'm STILL ME, ok??!?! :) :) :) (& the fact that every year there are MORE pink xmas products tells me i am not the only fan of this "non traditional" color scheme!)

15 comments:

  1. These pink cards are absolutely stunning!!! Speaking of GORGEOUSLY STUNNING cards...I received an absolute work of GENIUS in the mail yesterday...thank you ever so much sweet friend! HUGS, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, these are fab! I start making all the same then near the end, I am just grabbing what I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! these are just great!! Can't even pick a favourite
    I've done 50 and still need more ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! And I KNOW mass-production and how yawn-y it can get. Well done, missus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohh, lauren, your cards are SOOOOO pretty :)!! i love the pink and your flowers and snowflakes are fabulous! please send me over some mojo to create cards. i'm so behind! i'm thinking i can't make it...hehe. thanks for sharing and have a great Sunday! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very pretty - I go back and forth on whether to use traditional colors or not - your use of pink and the festive results is swaying me (LOL). I wish I could find the energy for some mass card production, once again I'm behind the 8 ball! Love seeing your work and being inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many fabulous elements all combined to make something so special. My postie only delivers beuatiful things. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo pink then.....LOL!
    I miss you crazy lady!! So now I've found you, let teh crafting mayhem ensue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love PINK, so I am loving these.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I *certainly* wouldn't expect you to ditch the pink! :)
    They are all quite lovely - and I approve of your individual yet similar approach! It's the only way to get it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a huge fan of Pink (the color and the singer). Your cards are FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be still my heart! So much pink loveliness!! ♥♥♥!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a pink girl and I love these; they're fabulous! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww... these are so pretty. love the pinks you used!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your pink x-mas. And those snowflakes ~♥~ Right now we have lots of snow outside, so hopefully we will have a white xmas this year, not just cold. Wishing you and Jeff and great weekend. ( Happy mail has arrived, but will not be opened before x-mas )

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~