Tuesday, March 14, 2023

SOS492: Somewhere Over the RAINBOW

If you've already guessed* that the new challenge at Shopping Our Stash is to add rainbows to your creation OR use the rainbow color palette in your design, then well done; I'll skip right to my cards:


As I may have mentioned before, I have a lot (srsly A LOT!!!) of washi tape and I enjoy playing with it, so for this challenge I made a few panels of rainbow tape strips and made them the catalyst for the rest of the design. 

'

I also have a lot of patterned paper scraps, which I save especially for diecutting, so I decided to use my ancient Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers Butterfly dies to create a flutter of butterflies (...according to Mr. Google, a group of butterflies is either a Flutter or a Kaleidoscope; the latter seems more predominant but the former is so much easier to spell...) which I've attached with small Eyelet Outlet 1/8" Round Brads in rainbow colors.


As you can see, I got a little carried away with the tape panels and butterflies, so I wound up making not one, not two, but three A-6 sized cards. I've left off sentiments for now, so that these can be used for pretty much any occasion, whenever I need them.


I bet you have "too much" of something that's a bit older, but still beloved in your cardmaking stash. Why not re-discover it, color it appropriately, and join our "Somewhere Over the RAINBOW" challenge at SOS, which runs through Monday, March 27th. In the meantime, hop over to see the gorgeous cards the DT have made to inspire you!

*If you had NOT already guessed that the new challenge at Shopping Our Stash is to add rainbows to your creation OR use the rainbow color palette in your design, then SURPRISE! Because that is, in fact, the brief this fortnight. :)

3 comments:

  1. I saw your cards on the Shopping Your Stash challenge blog and had to come pop over for a closer look. I absolutely love your fun take on the rainbow theme -- these cards are simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, love the butterflies and the use of the washi tape. Awesome job going over and above for the Rainbow challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic way to use your washi tape...love the combination of patterns are rainbow colors!! Way to go shopping your stash and inspiring those who decide to play along with our new challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Your rainbow washi tape cards are so very pretty!! #SOS492

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~