Sunday, January 1, 2023

What Did Santa Bring You?

It's January first, which means, of course, that it's about time to get started on those 2023 holiday cards, right?! Ok, yes, that does sound a little bit funny to "civilians" but we cardmakers know that making 50 to 60 cards IN DECEMBER is quite exhausting, which is why Stephanie and I each make one holiday card per week at Jingle Belles from January through the end of November.

Our first cardmaking prompt of the year is an easy one: we KNOW you probably got a few crafty goodies for Hanukkah or Christmas, but if not, unearth something you bought in the post-Thanksgiving sales (or treated yourself to in December) and use it to make your first holiday cards of the year. I was lucky enough to get a beautiful set of Vicki Boutin Washi Tape from my friend Gina, which I used to make some super-fast backgrounds...

...and I treated myself to some of Ranger's Distress Watercolor Pencils, which were absolutely ideal for coloring Wendy Vecchi's Doodle Christmas poinsettias!

I also dug into some of my leftover diecuts, holiday stickers and Eyelet Outlet Cardinal Brads and here are the two A6 cards I made:

Be sure to head over to Jingle Belles to see what Stephanie got from Santa AND what she made to inspire you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lauren. Here is my take on your challenge. Looking forward to more! https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm7LIkNutwo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~