Tuesday, January 17, 2023

SOS488: Winter Fun

If you've already guessed that the new challenge at Shopping Our Stash involves incorporating any fun winter activity (skiing, skating, sledding, snowmen, snow angels, etc etc) into your card then WOOHOO, you're absolutely right, and here's what I made:


My favorite aspect of challenges is that they push me to go in directions I wouldn't necessarily have thought of. The downside of that is: sometimes I discover I somehow have literally NO products that will work for a specific topic. This was one of those times. HOW is that possible?? I own at least 57 Lawn Fawn stamp sets with critters doing every conceivable human activity. Except, as it turns out,  winter sports. Luckily, as I was cruising through my holiday papers to make a Jingle Belles card, I came across the remainder of Ciao Bella's Snow and the City collection from a couple of years ago, and I found this pretty ice skating girl, with coordinating tags and papers. I considered making a holiday card, but then I realized that while these items are definitely WINTERY, they aren't necessarily holiday themed. And since my cousin's birthday is coming up and I really needed to make her a card, I just went a bit wintery and snowy and feminine. The sentiment is from an ancient Paper Smooches stamp set, with a Tim Holtz sticker beneath. I found some really cool glittery, pebbley red paper in my stash and the red sheet music is older Simple Stories. This is an A7 card, which is slightly bumpy because of the seambinding bows, but I really like how it came out.

Be sure to check out all of the design team goodness at SOS and then start planning what you'll link for this "Winter Fun" challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful....A perfect wintry birthday card!! Digging through our stash almost always uncovers precious treasures!! Way to go shopping your stash...it ended in perfect inspiration for those who decide to play along with our "winter fun" challenge here at Shopping Our Stash! #SOS488

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous winter birthday card, love the skater and the added "lumpy bows" the price we pay at the PO shows we love to craft more than money. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, it's amazing what we can find. She definitely looks as though she can skate better than I can. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~