Tuesday, November 22, 2022

SOS484: Shine Bright Like a Diamond

I think you'll agree we've got the best title ever this fortnight at Shopping Our Stash, and possibly you've already guessed that you have the choice of making a card that incorporates either light source (the sun, a lightbulb, a chandelier) OR some bling. Or, if you're me, you might choose BOTH!


Hambly Screen Prints has been out of business for nearly a decade, but... having been a huge fan AND having cool friends like Stephanie and Amy, who've managed to keep finding some of Hambly's divine transparencies here and there, I still have some, which I treasure and try NOT to hoard. I made this not-quite-A7 Chandelier cardbase from a leftover piece (hence the odd size!) and used a few of the offcut chandeliers on top of my collage of vintagey papers and postage. That is an actual Sewing Pattern Lady (from a vintage pattern envelope) and she's surrounded by older bejeweled Prima Flowers and wearing a necklace that's clipped from the very edge of an Eyelet Outlet Swirl Bling. I'm quite smugly claiming extra points for having found an ancient but un-cut piece of Tim Holtz patterned paper with a coordinating sewing pattern lady on it to use as my photo background. :)

Head over to SOS to see what the rest of the team have made and start planning how YOU will, "Shine Bright Like a Diamond"!

4 comments:

  1. Wowsers...this is awesome!! Way to go shopping your stash...that end of a swirl of bling is super creative (I am not sure I would have thought to make it into a necklace) and perfect for our new challenge!! Oh and cutting the lady out of an actual pattern...perfection!! Like always, you have given great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our "Shine Bright As A Diamond" challenge that begins today over at Shopping Our Stash. #SOS484

    ReplyDelete
  2. the swirl bling necklace is brilliant ... and I always love seeing some Hambly beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those sewing pattern people and the knitting patterns are even better. A perfect collection of things to create this fab card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic is this card!!! I love you used both bling and light, that lady is awesome and great job with the blingy necklace. As always the queen of collage.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~