Tuesday, April 12, 2022

SOS468: Sketch Challenge

Do you love sketch challenges as much as I do? I hope so, because we've got a fabulous one this fortnight at Shopping Our Stash and it looks a bit like this:

Ok, technically, it looks EXACTLY like that, lol! And I found it so inspiring, I made not one, but two sketch cards:

Back in the day, my favorite paper company was Basic Grey; and I have to confess that I still LOVE them! My well-hoarded collection of papers is dwindling, but I really enjoy using them, so I've raided my stash of Skate Shoppe and Lollipop Shoppe for this pair of fun and colorful cards.


These are made specially for a brother and sister whose birthdays happen to both be in April, to whom I generally mail small gifts, so I quite like it that the cards are unique but similar. I also like that I had some of the circle-patterned paper left in both colorways, since those circles echo the circles of the sketch so well.

Be sure to visit SOS to see all the design team cards and then start planning what older and much-beloved items you will re-discover to use on your own sketchy masterpiece!

3 comments:

  1. I admire the way you've co-ordinated all the wonderful papers here to such effect. Love all the patterns. I'm sure I also have some Basic Grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super...a fun loving and a formal card all from the same sketch!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Fantastic inspiration to those who decide to join the fun and play along with our sketch challenge over at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the frog really cracked me up, awesome job and your cards show two different ways of looking at a sketch, The floral card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~