Thursday, April 9, 2020

Queen of the One-Layer Card?!

Ok, technically, I've only done this twice, and the last time I sorta cheated by adding mats and stuff, but I do feel like I'm getting better at the dreaded OLC! Here's one I made for a fun FaceBook event that Paper Anthology is having, Paper Anthology's Creation Staycation. It's a week long event featuring challenges, trivia, prizes and... surprises! Anyone is welcome to join the fun, so be sure to CHECK IT OUT. Meanwhile, here's my card:


This is Challenge #7 (don't worry you have til NEXT Tuesday night to complete as many or as few challenges as you'd like in ANY order!) and it's hosted by Elisabeth. It's the aforementioned dreaded One Layer Card.


I used my largest oval label-shaped Nestie to make a mask, stamped The Ton's Peony Dreams right through it in black archival and outlined around the edges. Then I used ColorBursts to watercolor it in layers, so I'd get a nice gradation of shading!


Kinda psyched at how much progress I am making just by PRACTICING more with the coloring! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~