Friday, April 10, 2020

Feelin' Blue?

Then I have the antidote for you! Because we are smack in the middle of Paper Anthology's Creation Staycation, a weeklong virtual crop of sorts, with sixteen (16!) different challenges to pick and choose from, plus prizes, games, live Zoom chats and more! Paper Anthology is, of course, my lss and located in Kenvil, NJ, but crafties from all over are welcome to play along! Hop over to the Paper Anthology FaceBook Page for all the details!


My friend Linda Duke is the hostess of this challenge, it's called Christmas With a Twist and the "twist" is that you cannot use red or green! 


I actually LOVE non-traditional colors for Xmas, so I was all ready for this one! One of the things Linda wrote in her introduction was that the absence of red and green meant no Santa in his distinctive suit, and no Xmas trees. I respectfully refute the latter! See?

blue landscape from an old ideals magazine; paint chips from benjamin moore; tree die: echo park: snowflake dies: sizzix and impression obsession; trees and hills dies: penny black; blue dotty cardstock: core'dinations; white patterned papers: bella blvd, teresa collins and best creation glitter paper; snowflake gem and snowflake sequins: eyelet outlet; sentiment tim holtz/ideaology; ink: colorbox; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, xyron, 3m foam tape, sookwang scor-tape 

My inspiration is the cyanotype landscape from a vintage Christmas Ideals magazine that I've used as my background. If Ideals could print pages that were all blue --and they sometimes also did other colors, but I think nearly EVERY copy I've ever seen had at least one page that was ALL BLUE-- then my card can be all blue too! If the design of this looks eerily familiar, it's because I cannot expect to play along in a bunch of fun flash challenges this week, and keep up with everything else, whilst "reinventing the wheel" every time. So I basically just made a second version of this week's Jingle Belles card. But without the green, obviously! :)

I hope you'll check out all the different challenges and maybe even pick at least one to play along with! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~