Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Perk Up!

It's time for the Spring/Summer edition of the Coffee Loving Cardmakers' Blog Hop, so of course I couldn't resist showing off my Eyelet Outlet Coffee Brads. Plus a bit of Floral Washi Tape and some fun Paper Flowers, as well! I had been planning to also use my EO Coffee Stamps, but the other day Jeff mentioned how happy he was that our lawn and shrubs had "perked up" this spring, and i thought, "Aha! Card sentiment!"


I always try to incorporate the seasonal aspect of the blog hop, but frankly, sometimes I do better at that than others. This time I think I did pretty well with the Spring theme, though! I started right off with my carryout coffee cup. I wanted it to be flowery, so of course I could've used patterned paper, but I had this new Flower Washi I'm in love with and I couldn't resist! I applied it neatly in strips on a scrap of plain white cardstock, burnished it really well, then diecut the cup in the ordinary way.


Once I had the cup, I chose all of my papers based on the flower colors in the tape. I matted my label shape and the background for my A7 card, then added a little bit of decorative machine stitching. I made my sentiment flags using a nice petite size of foam thickers we just got at Paper Anthology, and then it was time for my favorite part: EMBELLISHING!


I added some Fresh Flower Brads and Mini Stitched Flowers to the cup itself and a few more to the label shape. I nestled the cup between the layers of several sizes of Solid Color Paper Flowers, held together with a Coffee Bean Brad and made leaves by snipping apart a large green flower. Then I assembles all the bits and finally scattered a few pale pink Heart Enamels at the very end.


I hope you'll check out all of the fab brads, stamps, tapes, enamels and flowers in the Eyelet Outlet Store, then come join the fun at the Coffee Lovers' Blog Hop which runs through this Friday, May 10th! ♥

12 comments:

  1. Oh what a GORGEOUS spring card! I love the fun washi tape you used to create that pretty cup, and the awesome layout of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!
    I love this Lauren! Such a pretty floral cup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art work with the Washi is fabulous. What a pretty cup you made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so Spring pretty! Love the cute details, like the coffee bean center of the flower, the stitching & cute BG label.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh! That cup is splendid! Great sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is darling. LOVE the pretty colors and that gorgeous flower. Just as lovely as could be!
    TFS!
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sentiment and Yes your card looks like spring. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty project with spring feel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw this in the blog hop link up at the Coffee Lover's blog hop......and had to stop by and brag on it! ;) Pretty card! Love your pretty floral coffee cup and the way you did the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Happy spring colors.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~