Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Down on the Farm

There's nothing more fun than a series of something, at least not to me. Especially a series of swap-able altered rolodex cards. With adorable Eyelet Outlet Farm Animal Brads... and... diabolical Farm Puns, lol!  


I was super-excited to see that Heidi Swapp recently re-released her Memorydex dies, which had been out of print for nearly a year. So I decided to celebrate by making some fun farm cards. 


These are similar to ATC's I made when the Cow and Goat Brads, Pig and Sheep Brads and Horse and Pony Brads first came out. But afterall, you don't sing a favorite song only once, so why not re-visit a favorite craft project from time to time? 


I like the larger size as a home for the vintage slidemounts, and also I chose a slightly lighter color palette this time, which I think brightens them up a bit. 


Plus we had fun new Brick Washi and Red Checked Tape that I think conveys the farm feeling really well, especially when mixed with some scraps of red gingham patterned paper.


For the diabolically punny sentiments, I used the third in a series of old-school Dymo Labelmakers I have had over the years. The trick to finding the analog ones that go "click-click-click" instead of the type which print a neat font on a flat label, is to search for an embossing label maker. They are easy to find and not expensive, but the new ones are made mostly of plastic and truthfully, if I ever find an old metal one at a garage sale, I will instantly give the seller their asking price, without even haggling. (Ok, ok, I would probably haggle a little; I mean, I'm still *ME*!) :) :) :)


I hope you'll be inspired to make some fun cards or swaps with our Eyelet Outlet Farm Brads. I'm sure they will be Outstanding in Their Field! ♥

1 comment:

  1. Love these wee cards. I have see these brads in or on another project and I do love them. Great little works of art!!!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~