Friday, April 27, 2018

the gift(wrap) that keeps on giving

we're still celebrating earth day at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ by creating cards with recycled, repurposed or upcycled elements, and you still have time to join the fun! here's what i made this week:

recycled elements: red pine giftwrap and midcentury modern critters fussycut from a different giftwrap, both saved from xmas 2017; patterned paper: photoplay, blue fern studio + white glitter paper by best creation; sentiment sticker: making memories; glossy white cardstock: paper accents; ink: prima; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape, xyron permanent adhesive, sewing machine

those sweet critters are obviously the stars of the show, which is why i saved the piece of giftwrap they were on from one of my holiday packages last xmas. the kraft and red paper with the pine boughs was also giftwrap. see?


in both cases i had saved the pieces fairly neatly, having trimmed a smooth section of each to a size smaller than 12x12 so i could store them in my holiday paper carrier thingie. when i sat down to make my card i applied a piece of plain white cardstock that i'd run through my xyron machine to the back of each to make them a little sturdier. then I trimmed the branches to fit the background of my A7 card and fussy cut the critters!


i used the current sketch saturday --albeit rotated ninety degrees-- to guide the layout of my elements.


more inspiration at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ in the form of this week's card from stephanie and the fab readers' gallery

5 comments:

  1. Love those funky critters. Fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this is just absolutely fantastically awesome! I'm pretty sure this is the same wrapping paper I had bought (Ikea, amirite?) with the intention of doing this exact same thing.....and promptly forgot about it after Christmas. No way I could top this though...so I might not even try! Oh, and in case you can't read between the lines of my comment.....I LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous job with those super cute critters. I haven't found anything to recycle yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of wrap. Love to recycle paper. I use paper bags to wrap and then decorate. Love this card, the idea is perfect. You won't find a card like it :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to upcycle/recycle - these critters are perfect on your dynamite card. I can see why you saved these papers. Have a sunny day!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~