Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Wide Washi Sentiment

I don't think I've ever used the same set of products two weeks in a row, but after I made the Dog Days of Summer card last week, I had a brainstorm about using the combination of Wide Sky Washi and Grass Tape that made up the background with one of my chunkier sets of alphabet dies and making the sentiment BE the scene. So that's what I did:


I neatly applied a piece of Sky Tape to plain white cardstock, then slightly overlapped the Grass Tape on top. I used my Altenew Bold Alpha dies to cut out the word, "Happy" and added White Daisy Brads and a sweet Mini Ladybug to the scene. I applied multiple strips of Brick Tape to another panel of cardstock, making it larger than I needed to mat the first panel, so that I'd have enough extra to cut the word, "Birthday" using my Lawn Fawn Henry's ABCs dies. 


To get extra mileage out of your favorite Eyelet Outlet supplies, why not try reversing the way you usually use them... in this case, bring the background into the foreground... and see what happens?!

3 comments:

  1. I love your card! What a great idea to use washi tape instead of colored paper or ink! I have a lot of washi tape so I may have to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, question for you. Did you cut the "birthday" out of the white paper so that your background shows through or did you cut the letters for "birthday" out of the washi tape and then put it on the white cardstock?

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~