Tuesday, August 2, 2022

SOS 476: She Sells Seashells

It's a SHORE thing this fortnight at Shopping Our Stash because this time we'd like to see cards and projects that incorporate anything to do with sea, ocean, beach, shells... you get the idea, right? Since I'll take any excuse to bring out some of my older but still beloved Lawn Fawn sets, especially Critters in the Sea, this seemed like a good time to do so.


I've gotten better (and a tiny bit faster, thankfully) at coloring, but I really love paper piecing this set ...and it's an excellent way to use up scraps, of which I have MANY... so that's what I did. I couldn't resist (didn't even try to!) bringing in my (slightly newer) Lawn Fawn Axolotl and Sea Horses; I drew and fussy-cut my own strands of kelp; and chose a few oceany Eyelet Outlet Brad Styles (Seashore, Sandcastle and Shell Corner) to set the scene. Oh and YES, the orange border was fashioned using my absolutely ancient scallopy deco scissors, purchased at a big box store in approximately 1997, which I think you'll agree constitutes Stash-Shopping to a fairly heroic degree!


Be sure to visit Shopping Our Stash to SEA all of the amazing Design Team cards, then come out of your SHELL and join the fun by linking up with us this fortnight!

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable card...those sea creatures in the designer papers...so creative!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Fantastic inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new "she sells seashell" challenge over at SOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sea a super cute ocean scene, your paper piecing is fabulous and that deco'ed circle is beyond perfect, what control. Super card for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute little scene. I rarely think of paper piecing but it gives such a good look. And you know, I do have a few papers! Gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~