Thursday, October 18, 2012

meet PUG-sley!

he's the latest of my amigurumi friends, i made him as a birthday gift for gina (a serious pug-fancier) although it was also a bit of a selfish act on my part, really, because when i saw this adorable pattern in the gurumiorama etsy shop, i just COULD NOT resist!


something which made this little guy even more than usually fun to crochet is the fact that whereas i make most of my little dolls from ordinary lion brand acrylic, i just happened to have some "leftover" yarn in the perfect shades of tan and brown, which just happened to be the remnants of some rather luscious blue sky alpaca. so this is what you call a luxury pug!

by virtue of his coloring, i've decided he's eligible (in a totally tangential and laureny way) to be linked up at the anything but a card challenge blog, where the current brief is for autumnal-themed projects OR things with autumnal coloring: golds, rust, reds, browns, deep green, etc; i'm not sure miss carla envisaged anyone submitting a tiny crocheted dog... (which, me being me, is reason enough to do it, lol!) ...on the other hand, her blogging name is "scrappypug" so i'm quietly confident i can get away with a bit of cheekiness on this occasion!!! :)

i haven't showed off my little playing-card-sized ami photo album in a while, and it's got quite a bit fuller than when i first put it together, a couple of years ago:


this might be my all time favorite minibook project, only because i do tend to give away my amigurumis, and it's nice to have a little keepsake album in which to remember all the ones i've made. it serves a practical purpose, also; the back of each photo not only has "adoption" information as to where each one ended up, but also practical details such as what yarn and pattern i used, in case i (or a crocheting friend) would ever like to make a similar creature in future. it's also one of the few times i really put much thought into the "staging" of my photos, and thus they are faves just in themselves for that reason. for example, i'm not sure i'll ever be able to cut into the 12x12 sheet of dear lizzy paper with the trees and hills i've used behind pugsley... i mean... what if i want to crochet more puppies? where would THEY play??! ♥♥♥

15 comments:

  1. woot woot...sooooooo CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I looooooves him so much! I adore each and every amigurumi you make. In fact, whenever I see one of these adorable creations of yours I turn into this guy saying this.

    P.S. Huh. So this is a blog is in no way endorsing the ad you were forced to watch if you click on the clip. ;-) (It was the only one I could find!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooooooooooooo very cute! And that mini is a great way to keep the pics of your your little creations!!!!! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally jealous of your mad crocheting skills! This is just too cute! Loving it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing. He is just as sweet as can be. Love your little mini album also.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my PUGSLEY! I loves him :) And my bestie is a yarn artist & spins her own, so I actually KNOW what the alpaca feels like, and you are not KIDDING he's a luxury pug! Now he just needs a purse to ride around in ;)
    His expression just makes me so happy. He's got just the barest pug head-tilt going on from this angle - which of course is the best pug expression there is. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness.... waaaaaaaaay too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pug-sley is so adorable! I am sure that as cuddly as the picture appears, it is even more so in person! Thanks so much for sharing him with us at ABAC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohmygosh, i love love love pugsley. he is so adorable!!! i am so slow in learning how to crochet. i wanna start making these, hehe. love your tiny mini too!
    hope all is well, lauren!
    *hugs* and much aloha,
    steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! I have such talent envy and wish I could crochet something so ADORABLE! Love the mini album too! :) :) Thanks for joining us at Anything but a Card! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable little pup and lovely mini album full of great colours and images.
    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely projects with us at Anything But A Card and I do hope you'll join us again soon.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  12. okay. This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! I love it! What an adorable little puggy! And of course, he is more than welcome to join us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE, LOVE your PUG-sley Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the dog and i love your mini-albums!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the pug. He fits in perfect with my reaper. hehe I kinda remember your album, but haven't seen it in a long time. It must be getting filled up by now. So cute! I love the cover. I think he totally fits into the fall theme. heh

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~