Sunday, October 7, 2012

i believe in pink ♥

this is one of my all-time favorite audrey hepburn quotes, and i've used it a few times; no doubt i'll use it a few more in future, as well; but somehow, in october, it takes on even more meaning! the photo is one i clipped from a film magazine and have been saving; the size of it is how this became an 8x10 piece of "wall art" instead of a card, lol... i just sort of scaled everything else to match! (b/c yeah, most of the time, that's how scientific my "process" is!) on the plus side, it means i can link up at my lovely friend carla's new challenge blog, anything but a card, where the current brief is shiny, sparkly, blingy; coincidentally, this is also my personal mantra! :)

i formatted the text of the quote in broderbund's printshop and printed it on an inkjet transparency. in retrospect, i really *WISH* i'd used the entire transparency sheet so that the blank edges would've covered the entire top panel. i really should have gone back and re-printed when i realized my mistake, but it was 11pm and i was just ready to wrap it up. ah well. live and learn, eh audrey?!

(patterned paper: echo park, recollections, silver metallic cardstock: the paper company; gem flourishes: want2scrap; ink jet transparency for ink jet printer: 3m; fonts: bohemian typewriter, susie's hand; adhesives: staples brand gluetape runner, scotch gluestick)

i used this week's lovely and dramatic pink-pink-black-white-grey palette from colour q (#157);


it's difficult to tell from my photograph but on my bottom layer of patterned paper the swirls are light pink and not actually white; whereas the ones on the top layer ARE white. i quite like the way they (and my stragetically clipped pink gem flourishes) all flow together.

speaking of things that are fun and pink and can be as blingy (or non-blingy!) as you like, i heartily invite you to pop in at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ and celebrate pink christmas with us! stephanie and i are raising money for the komen fund this fortnight; but also, as we move inexorably closer to the holidays, each card you make now is one less to be stressing over in december, right?! (just sayin!) plus the group dynamic really *IS* inspiring... trust me... more IS merrier, darlings! ♥

16 comments:

  1. pink...you create with it soooo wonderfully...love this...huge fan of that quote too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Lauren! This is so perfectly Lauren-y wonderful...bling, pink, layers, Audrey...love the quote, TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! LOVE this! I know I say that everytime I comment, but it's true! LOVE the color combo- and just made for this quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is absolutely magical ... love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pink too! Adorable card and I can sooo relate to that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! How cool is this? Perfect for the color challenge! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ with your wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren - I always love stopping by and seeing what you are up to! I love this piece!! OMG!! As soon as I post this comment I am running upstairs with my laptop to show my daughter who is a huge Audrey fan!! This is gorgeous! And I love that quote too! I think I need to find a project to put that on for inspiration! I whole heartedly agree with it! Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card, Lauren, love that quote! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too, I love that quote too, besides "Paris is always a good idea", that should be my all time favorite!
    Awesome pink work there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty!! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! Such a wonderful idea. I. love. it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! I LOVE this! Soooooooooo neat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! The flourishes and bling match her perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeously girlie but full of class! I adore this piece. I've always been a huge Audrey fan and really love what you've done with her. The words are great.
    I'm so glad you shared this with us at Anything But A Card and I do hope you'll join us again soon.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well this just turned out GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for joining us at Anything but a Card! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Who doesn't like pink and Audrey? Great card. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~