Wednesday, October 17, 2012

birthday "SPACE-out"!

i'm embarrassed to say that i have need on a semi-regular basis for the "belated" sub-division of birthday cards. it's usually not that i've forgotten the date, just that i've been too busy or too oblivious to get my act together. which seems *worse* somehow, doesn't it? ah well. if i can't be on time, at least i will try to be stylish, lol!

(spaceman card, ticket strip, label and word border: october afternoon "rocket age" miscellany; patterned paper: amy tangerine, crate paper; rub-on and sticker sentiments: EAD designs... who will be SORELY MISSED in these parts!; washi tape: love my tapes, recollections, bazzill, crafty basics; adhesives: staples brand gluetape runner, 3m foam tape)

i was super-excited to have won (by random draw) a 2peas gift certificate for this card in last week's saturday cardmaking challenge; but i'd've had to come back and play in any case because kimber mcgray has drawn one of my all-time favorite sketches this week! i am quite sure you'll be seeing this again in future, so i hope you're enjoying it so far!


most of the time i am quite shockingly lazy about decorating the INSIDE of cards. in fact i'm embarrassed to say that sometimes i leave it soooooooo close to the last minute that there isn't even a stamped or rub-onned sentiment, just my own handwritten greeting; but the great thing about using a black card base is that it sort of forces you to do something to the inside, and for once i actually bothered to make it coordinate. go, me! :)


hope this week is treating you well so far, but if not, take heart... it's halfway over! happy wednesday, darlings! ♥

12 comments:

  1. WOW!!! You really did this sketch justice! Fantastic card inside and out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats o your random win! Love this card....so neat looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as always! Congrats on the win for a gift card. Can't wait to see what you make with the goods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOK at that sketch! I love it! Now I'm going to have to go check it out :)
    And just so you know, you are TOTALLY not alone in the belated department. In fact, this year I skipped September entirely. I finally mailed my mom's, and will be delivering a good friend's this weekend...both a full month late. At least I'm consistent.
    Love this fun sentiment - popping it on the clouds is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it inside and out! And those tickets are beyond perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute cute card!!! Congrats on your win!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would appreciate it if someone can give me cards like these on my birthday. Its just so perfect and beautiful. It'll make me happy if I receive one.
    website hosting australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great guy card and a fun sketch! So sad about EAD...I always enjoy how YOU use those fab stickerz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card and great take on the sketch challenge! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, LOOOOOVE! And that inside is to die for. Totally CASEing this one, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have never attempted this sketch. Its seeming too woven. I would have chickened out. I like how you did this. The inside really makes it pop. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~