Saturday, October 21, 2023

One More Neon Card

Having gotten myself thoroughly hooked on Ranger's Neon Embossing Bundle, I couldn't resist making one more card, especially since this one addresses the question, "When you've embossed with multiple colors at the same time, what do you do with the leftovers?" Because NO... you shouldn't put them back in their original jars

I've discovered that when I'm "painting" with powders, since I'm carefully sprinkling each color on in a specific spot, I tend to use smaller amounts and thus, it would probably be fine to just throw that little bit away. But this time, I'd made several samples, and had more leftover powder, so I did a little experimenting. If you can tip the colors carefully off onto a sheet of paper so that they are more or less separate, when you've stamped something else in Emboss It Clear Embossing Ink, you can sort of scoop up the colors together-but-separate, and get a cool rainbow effect like on these Simon Hurley's create. Sentimental Flowers. On the other hand, if the powders have mixed together, you get a rather nice variegated effect, such as happened here on the Letter It Let's Party sentiment, where the mix had mostly Yellow Neon and Pink Neon; and you can definitely see places where one or the other dominates. So two very different results, but both are quite interesting, I think. If you try a multi-powder technique, consider setting aside the leftovers and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~