Thursday, September 22, 2022

No Lines Coloring is NOT (Quite) as Hard as I Thought!

Yesterday I was lucky enough to spend time with my friend and fellow Jersey Girl Lorraine Mastalski of Paper Vernissage, who was kind enough to demonstrate the rudiments of No Lines Coloring. I'm pretty sure I'll never be on her level at this (or any other coloring skill, lol!) BUT... I now feel, with practice, this could be another technique I'll use periodically. It turns out one of the "tricks" of the trade is to use Ink on Three's Fadeout Ink which is completely brilliant, imo! It also turns out that choosing a stamp with enough detail and shading is also a very good idea, and luckily, the large flower spray in Wendy Vecchi's A Million Thanks Stamp, Die and Stencil Set from Ranger is an excellent choice!


Lorraine showed me some tricks and tips which really helped. She uses watercolor pencils in a very cool way, pulling the color right off the pencil with a waterbrush! I'd like to try that next time, for sure. This time I embraced my coloring comfort zone, and did a base coat of the lightest shades with my Tombow Dual Brush Pens; then came in and slowly (SLOWLY!!!) added layers of detail with my Prismacolor Pencils. Since my first attempt came out considerably better than I had imagined, I decided to diecut the flowers, stamp more foliage and a sentiment in from the Million Thanks set, and make it into a card. I even (rarely for me!) added some detail to the envelope! 

THANK YOU Lorraine for teaching me this technique... and also... for the amazing Lemon Blueberry Loaf! ♥

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you, two Jersey girls crafting together! Your final project is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~