Wednesday, February 23, 2022

It's a RAINBOW Brad Book

Last year I made an Alphabet Brad Book featuring as many Eyelet Outlet Brads as I could fit onto two dozen or so playing-card-sized ATCs. That project was so much fun I thought I'd do a different version: this time grouping the Brads --and a few coordinating EO Washi Tapes-- by color. So without further ado, I present my Eyelet Outlet Rainbow Brad Book!


The cover has a sticker title on top of Rainbow Washi decorated with a Rainbow Brad, a sweet blue Fairy and some white Enamel Stars


Eventually, I'll arrange the pages in spectrum order, but I've been working pretty randomly to choose coordinating brads, tapes and letter stickers, so at the moment, page one has all things ORANGE, including: a Pumpkin, Candy Corn, a Witch Hat, a Monster, some Foxes, a Tiger, a couple of Ducks, (...possibly a bit nervous being so close to the tiger...) Movie Brads, and the orange gecko from our Reptile Set. With a strip of Geometric Washi, to match.


Technically, a rainbow doesn't contain neutrals, but there are quite a few cool brads that are black, white, grey, and in this case, tan and BROWN, so I figured I'd add a few pages to reflect that. Here you can see: the Kennel Mix, a Paw Print, critters from the Jungle Mix and Lion, Tiger Zebra Set, a Teddy Bear, various Shell Brads, a Fan, a Sunglass Brad, Flip Flops and a refreshing Beer Brad. With a bit of Wood Washi to hold the title.


The PURPLE page boasts some yummy Grape Brads, a Butterfly, a purple Fairy, a lavender unicorn from the Unicorn and Rainbow set, Knitting Brads (they're on sale!) a Party Hat, Stitched Flowers and Mini Stitched Flowers (also on sale!) as well as Dragonflies; all atop some Checked Purple Tape.


The pages are constructed from graph paper, backed with plain white cardstock, and measure just a smidge over 3.5 x 5.5". I used my vintage typewriter to add the words on coordinating strips of paper.


There are still more colors (and more neutrals!) yet to come, so I hope you'll stop by the Eyelet Outlet Blog again next week to see more Rainbow Brad goodness!

1 comment:

  1. Love them all but the purple one is the best. Awesome job with your vintage typewriter, (mine isn't so vintage) Fabulous job showcasing the brads,

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~