Friday, January 12, 2018

we three (times three)

there's a brand new prompt up at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ today and it's called, "we three kings" although the emphasis here is on the three more than the kings; in that we'd like to see cards that have a grouping of three... somethings. it could be three strong circle elements, three packages under the tree, three adorable reindeer, or... well, you get the picture right? my card has three trees. see?


coincidentally, this next card has three trees, as well. :) i actually cleared out quite a lot of my holiday scraps while re-organizing before christmas, and part of the big clean up was to either toss or diecut any scraps that were too small for anything except tossing or diecutting. i'm hoping that having a little cache of pre-cut items will make "composing" my cards a bit faster; as well as making it possible to sometimes make multiples in weeks where i have more than one idea. so far, that plan seems to be working pretty well. 


because look, here's ANOTHER three trees in the next photo! something else you'll notice is that all of these are fairly flat cards, which can be mailed with just one stamp on them. because my other crafty resolution for 2018 is to try to make more cards that don't cost $3 to mail, lol. (if you've been reading my blog for more than a few months you'll realize that i make this resolution every year, and my good intentions rarely last much past february. but maybe this'll be THE YEAR i really follow through?!)


all of my cards were initially inspired by the sketch half of the current fusion card challenge, but since i freely admit that they strayed away from that pretty quickly, i'm not actually linking up. it's a great challenge, though, and they're celebrating their fourth anniversary just now, so i thought i'd mention it!


i'm probably never going to become a cardmaker who happily mass-produces, but even i don't mind making a few different versions of the same card, so this is a technique you may see off and on throughout the year.

ingredients for all three cards, most of which are made up of scraps and leftover patterned papers including: basic grey, glitz, crate paper, fancy pants, simple stories, pebbles, prima, echo park, creative imaginations; stickers: simple stories, echo park, studio calico; glitter paper: best creation; glossy white cardstock: the paper cut; tree die: echo park: punches: recollections, martha stewart; lace: from my stash; ink: colorbox; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape, sewing machine

be sure to hop over to ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ to see what stephanie has made and link up your own tri-centric masterpiece(s)!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh that's such a great idea to cut ready bits or toss them. I too have a huge box of Christmas papers which I drag out each year at the bottom are lots of bits that I just couldn't throw but each year I forget they are there and they all get a bit battered about the edges too! Think I may spend a wee while doing something similar.
    On an other front your 3 cards we 3 trees are lovely, I like the slight different layout of mats but each one is a treat. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!!!! AND thank you for the idea of die cutting leftover bits of patterned paper....now why didn't I think of that?! Wink. Love how all of your tree cards are so different. Nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards, super idea for the scraps, mine are in a box. Also nice to have already diecut pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all three of these! Awards love reading your posts, too-- your a funny lady! I recently started doing similar with my scraps, and I keep my die cuts in CD cases, labeled on the side. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, I love those trees!! I am not on the hunt for that die!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am NOW on the hunt for that die......not "not"! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love. Love the shape of those trees...they are happy and flirty.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~