Friday, August 30, 2024

JB2418: Love's Labor Day Lost

September 2nd will be Labor Day here in the United States, so at Jingle Belles we've decided to celebrate by saving you some work with regard to this week's card design. We're asking you to "CASE" (Copy And Selectively Edit) any of the cards that Stephanie or I have made for any of the previous Jingle Belles prompts (yep, you've got 13.5 years of cards to choose from!); be sure to link to the card that inspired you and tell us the selective edits you made to the design.

I chose this card of Stephanie's from July of 2022, featuring a Penny Black Masterpieces Made Simple illustrated panel: 


I loved the way the clean lines and the plain white card base of Stephanie's card really keeps the focus on the pretty illustration. The Eyelet Outlet Fancy Bling Strip adds just enough sparkle and the Tim Holtz sticker sentiment is charmingly apt.


I didn't have the exact same Penny Black illustration, but I did have three other horizontally oriented ones from various Masterpieces Made Simple sets, so rather than try to choose my favorite, I decided to make three cards this week. I used a different style of Eyelet Outlet Fancy Bling, but luckily it was long enough to cover all three cards, though I couldn't quite take it to the edge. I added very skinny mats in a shimmery cream cardstock and chose to put the sentiments on top of the panels instead of beneath.

Before you head over to Jingle Belles to see which card of mine Stephanie chose to inspire her, I should mention that NO, we really NEVER confer beforehand, and we're as surprised as anyone else by what each other have made. If you're wondering why I've spent an entire paragraph on this disclaimer, you might want to POP OVER and see her card... just sayin'... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~