Saturday, August 17, 2024

Collaged Bookmarks

I love collage, generally; vintage collage especially; and vintage collage bookmarks, most of all! These were made by special request, with a small wishlist of potential elements, including gnomes, fairies, toads, woodland and fairy tales. I *think* I covered all of the above.


I was excited to find a pretty forest scene illustration in a falling-apart childrens' book that was wide enough to cover the backs of both 2.5 x 7.5" bookmarks.


Luckily, I also had an extra fairy and gnome which I hadn't been able to fit on the fronts... I love the way they look like they belong in the forest!


The poppies, mushrooms and butterflies came from various well-beaten-up vintage field guides, which can often be found quite cheaply at garage sales and book sales. 



I'm linking my bookmarks up with Becca S's Heart's Quest Fantasy Challenge Blog (formerly The Fairy and the Unicorn) where fairies, gnomes, unicorns, mermaids, elves, yetis and dragons are ALWAYS welcome! ♥

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! I loved that the back sides are part of the woodland scenery! Very imaginative! Straight out of your dream world! :) Thanks for sharing with us at Heart's Quest Fantasy!!! --Becca

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~