Friday, August 23, 2024

A Very Vintage Xmas

We're still celebrating a vintage/retro vibe at Jingle Belles and since there's a nice little prize of holiday vintage goodies from my Etsy Shop, Just Enough Stuff, you might like to join the fun.


This week my card is composed of nearly all genuine vintage and found papers, similar to those that are in the Deluxe Christmas Assortments in my Etsy Shop, Just Enough Stuff; in fact, the reason I started my shop was because I had collected such an extensive stash of goodies, it seemed like I should probably try to share a few of those, lol. For my card, I made a largely random collage of vintage text paper and sheet music, though I confess that I did take care to let the title of "The Holly and the Ivy" have a prominent position. A bit of foliage cut from a vintage illustration and some lovely torn Christmas seals from 1957 complete the background, which I lightly edged with Antique Linen Distress Ink and matted on both red and white cardstock before machine stitching around the perimeter. The handsome cardinal is from a piece of giftwrap I saved last December; I backed it with plain white cardstock before fussy-cutting, then popped it up on a bit of foam tape for extra dimension.

Pop over to Jingle Belles to see the gorgeous card Stephanie made, check out the Readers' Gallery and take a look at our fun prize, which will be awarded randomly. This challenge runs till next Wednesday evening, August 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~