Thursday, August 1, 2024

Car Card, Redux

Here's another version of the "One Door Closes" card I made for an Eyelet Outlet post about a month ago. I have a few "Car Guys" on my birthday list and coincidentally, two of them happen to celebrate within a week of each other, though they've never met. This is why I always save the file when I've formatted a sentiment on the computer; I might want to revisit an awesome idea! 

In this case, it's just the sentiment and a bit of (now sadly out of print) Eyelet Outlet Tire Track Tape, with a background of actual vintage maps; mounted on a glossy black A6 card. Oh and I found an illustration of a vintage Volvo, which is personal to the recipient, and he noticed immediately

As you may know, I LOVE fancy giftwrapping, and here's a bit of a cheat on that score. I wrapped coordinating map paper around the gift (it's a dvd as you can probably tell) and added the card (sans envelope) to act as decoration. A bit of measuring tape twill and some twine et voila!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! What a grat idea and what a perfect card for a petrol head or anyone who loves to get out and about!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~