Saturday, November 4, 2023

Swatchin'

It occurred to me the other day that I hadn't made swatches for my growing collection of Simon Hurley create Dye Inks, so clearly that had to be done! Of course, there is an entire section of the Ranger website dedicated to Organizing your Ranger Products, and it includes color charts and labels, so I didn't actually NEED to make my own little tag book. But I happened to have some new inks and some new stencils... Oh ok, yeah, true confession: I was looking for an excuse to play with my new stuff, lol.  

I don't have any rules for making swatch books, but I nearly always use a single ring to bind them, to make it easy to add or subtract colors as needed. I'd also highly suggest NOT using the same stamp or stencil on every single page; in future you might like the freedom to swap out and play with new products. I also try to make the pages a little bit footloose and funky because if you really USE your swatches (which I do!) the pages may get wrinkled or smudged or whatever... and built-in imperfection helps accommodate that. Plus... it's just so much more FUN!!! 

Stencils used in this project include: The Loo!, Pretty Petals Layering set, Deco Diamonds, Candles Layering set, Grand Greenery and Sweater Weather. See all the Simon Hurley Ink Colors and Stencil Sets on the Ranger website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~