Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Emboss Like a Boss!

If you've already guessed that the new challenge at Shopping Our Stash is to emboss (whether it be with powder and heat OR by using an embossing folder) then well done you; we can get right to my card:


I grabbed one of my all-time favorite Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 stamp sets (Delightful Art) and embossed the primrose-ish flower a few different ways, so that I would have options. I stamped it singly in a few different powders (of which my favorite was Wendy's Watering Can) then I also did a couple of backgrounds where I stamped the same image multiple times to make a repeating pattern. Again, one of my faves was Watering Can, but I also liked the White one. I used the coordinating stencil (all of Wendy's Studio 490 stamp sets came with coordinating stencils, I think she might've been the first to do that, several years before it became A Thing!) to add Tea Rose Archival (with Orange Blossom shading) and Prickly Pear (with Fern) on the focal image and white background; on the other panel, I just added some Watering Can ink very lightly around the edges. I matted both panels on Fern Green, added some machine stitching, a scattering of Eyelet Outlet Pearl Bling and one of the sentiments from the same stamp set et voila

PS: Just to brag a tiny bit, there's also a little strip under the sentiment which has pressure embossed leaves on it; via an ancient C-bug embossing folder. Admittedly it's hard to hard to see on the finished card, but still... :)


Be sure to head over to SOS to scoop up some of the Design Team's abundant inspiration, then start planning what you'll make to link up with us. The "Emboss Like a Boss" challenge runs until the evening of Monday, November 20th.

1 comment:

  1. STUNNING background...love how you did it! Also, thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the time and sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~