Thursday, November 30, 2023

It's Taco... Thursday?

I was scrolling through the photos on my phone and realized I never posted the incredibly awesome, GIANT Taco Pillow I made for my nephew Matthew's birthday in September; so here it is now!


This project was inspired by the adorable Happy Lil Taco @theknottyboss offers as a free pattern. As you can see, I super-sized it by crocheting with three strands of Vanna's Choice from @lionbrandyarn (Mustard, Duckie and Beige add up to the variegated shade of a crunchy corn taco shell, in case you wondered) and working until my taco shell circle was approximately 22" in diameter; a measurement scientifically based on that being when I ran out of the lightest shade. To make the curly lettuce (one strand of Sweet Pea and one of Radiant Lime) I used the stitch progression @walkerwhimsy devised for the clouds on her Rainy Day Scarf, but worked as an edging. The tomatoes are just half-circles of red, and again their size and quantity were based on when I ran out of Scarlet yarn. The cute mustachio was also a free pattern, which I unfortunately did not save; but if you Google "crocheted mustache pattern" you'll be spoilt for choice. 

I'd write more about this but it's nearly lunchtime and now I really REALLY want some tacos!

1 comment:

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~