Tuesday, September 26, 2023

SOS506: Color Me Beautiful

This fortnight at Shopping Our Stash we're busting out our favorite coloring techniques (watercolors, pencils, markers, etc.) and using them to make fun and fanciful cards. Here's mine:


I have several favorite coloring techniques, but my go-to is to "basecoat" the images with the lightest possible shade of Tombow Dual Brush Pen, then add a little shading and detail with my Prismacolor Pencils. For this card I've used all of the above on one of my favorite stamp sets, Taylored Expressions' Mythical Grumplings. I've used mostly scraps of patterned paper, all of a goodly age... for example... that paper with the candles and also the one with the cupcakes are both from Junkitz, which, if you remember them, you may have been a papercrafter for as long as I have! ;)


Be sure to check out what the crew have made at Shopping Our Stash, then start planning how YOU will "Color Me Beautiful"!

1 comment:

  1. What fun coloring inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new "color me beautiful" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! Your coloring of those monsters with your brush marker is on point!! #SOS506

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~