Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Shake It Up!

This fortnight at Shopping Our Stash we're celebrating my very favorite type of interactive greeting: the mighty Shaker Card! It can be plain or fancy, themed or all-occasion, any color, shape, size or style you'd like, just make sure you Shake It Up   


I needed a card for a fellow book-lover, and was in the mood to color (!) so I grabbed my Tombows and Avery Elle's Feels Like Home Add On set, which I only got last year at Paper Anthology, but... those Nestabilities Ovals have to be 15+ years old; the Eyelet Outlet Book Brads and Book Tape date back to circa 2017 (admittedly I've restocked both, more than once) and the texty paper is so old I'm not sure whose it was anymore (it's paper-weight though, and not cardstock, which is a clue that it's got some age, lol). I had a hard time choosing between the text as background and Simple Stories' whimsical cloud paper, so I decided to split the difference, cut out the clouds and added them atop the text.

I built the shaker window upwards by cutting five or six frames with the nested oval dies and stacking them. The acetate oval is sandwiched between the top two frame layers and cardstock covered with strips of Book Tape seals in the EO Star Sequins.


Head over to Shopping Our Stash to see the super-inspiring cards the rest of the Crew have made, then start planning how YOU will Shake It Up! This challenge runs until Monday evening, September 25th.

1 comment:

  1. I have those same ovals...my first set of dies!! I love this library shaker card...such fun detail!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new "Shake It Up" over at Shopping Our Stash!! #SOS505

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~