Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Go Nuts for Donuts! ♥

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Eyelet Outlet's Donut Brads. And a few weeks ago, I found an awesome Donut Washi Tape in the EO store that pairs perfectly with them. So you can only imagine my joy when the new line of Eyelet Outlet Clear Stamps included a set called "Donut Stamps". Obviously I had to use all of those fine products together, right?! Which is exactly what I've done on the EO blog today!


For my first card, I stamped the sentiment, "I DONUT know what I'd do without you" on some soft pink paper in black ink, and a second time on scrap paper with dark brown.


The latter version I fussycut, and mounted over the background on tiny strips of foam tape, just for a little bit of added dimension. I affixed one of each of the three flavors of Donut Brad onto a matted square of dark brown paper and layered them onto the card over a strip of Donut Tape.


My second card features the fun donut stamp from the set. I used it to make a background by stamping it repeatedly in Archival ink on watercolor paper, then coloring with water-based markers that I brushed with a little water for a looser effect. I added the sentiment, "DONUT ever give up" inside a diecut label shape and adorned it with a Donut Brad and a Heart.


Need more inspirational ways to use the brand new line of Eyelet Outlet Clear Stamps? The design team provides daily inspiration on the EO blog, on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest... and we add new projects all the time, so check back often! ♥

3 comments:

  1. Ooh first off LOVE the new header to the blog. Both cards a fab and fun! I love the quirky sentiments great for those not too sloppy cards (you know what I mean right?) the pink paper is great as it pulls you back to the doughnut and its frosting. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some puns these are darling combined with those fab brads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Cute and fun cards! Yay for the washi!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~