Tuesday, August 13, 2013

SOS114: palette OR woodgrain

this week at shopping our stash, a picture... or at least, a visual inspiration... is worth a thousand words:


so obviously we want you to make a card or project using this palette as your inspiration. you can use the colors, either individually or all together; or you can take the general woodgrain idea and run with that; OR you can do a little of both. i did a little of both:

(patterned paper: basic grey, my mind's eye, daisy d's, fancy pants, studio calico, the paper co, and a bit of glossy fern-printed cardstock that was the base of an old greeting card; woodgrain alphas: amy tangerine; ink: colorbox; cloud punch: fiskars; deer + tree paper-piecing patterns were from an ancient copy of scrapbooks etc; adhesives: staples brand gluetape runner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)
actually, i fear i may have done too much of both. there's a lot going on here. which, admittedly, can be said about *MOST* of my cards, and my life generally, lol; and usually i like it. but i'm not so sure about this one. on the other hand, it has got the colors, AND three types of woodgrain, AND that super-cute deer. so i think i'm going to chalk this one up as "done" and "on time" and leave it at that!

for some VERY cool takes on this challenge, get thee hither to the SOS blog, where my dt sisters have ROCKED the woodgrain *and* the colors in a big, big way!!! ciao, darlings! ♥

9 comments:

  1. 3 types of woodgrain, be still my heart! Lovely work, that deer is oh-so-cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care if you like it or not, from my angle it is fab-u-Lous! Glad to hear you are back in the crafty lair. With gorgeous new floors as well! We may be unpacked at the same time! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh "deer" and OH DEAR!!!!!!!!!! This is way too cute and adorable. Love the little Bambi on here. Great scene! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created the most adorable scene and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love. and yes, most of your cards are a little over-the-top in my world, but they are perfect in YOUR world. and i get to look at them and drool. *wipes face*

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that little row of flowers! And 3 types of woodgrain? Brown-noser! lol We are our own worst critics - I happen to love this card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card looks amazing. I happen to LOVE it...

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sewn on chipboard sentiment. Perfectly cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's something about this card that makes me think it was from like 3 years ago. I don't know why. It must be the products used on it. Or the coloring? I can't put my finger on it, but it looks so familiar. I think the lack of pink has thrown me off too. haha It is adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~