Monday, February 28, 2011

step back and *SQUINT*...

...and i think you might be able to see the latest sketchy thursdays offering in my card. maybe. or possibly not. it is a VERY loose version of the sketch, even by my own standards in these matters; plus, i've rotated it; and compressed the proportions quite a bit. so yeah... reallllllllllly loose. but you tell me. here's the sketch:



and here's my card, which was a total blast to make:


(vintage: paris travel guide, map (photocopied into greyscale) & notebook paper; digi: eiffel towel photo from internet, sandy krieger frame, house of 3 paper & tickets; : scrappystuff: patterned paper: hambly; glitter letter stickers: making memories; travel stickers & bling heart: mambi; filmstrip: tim holtz; adhesives: tombow monorunner, sewing machine)

and now i just hope miss heidi will forgive the liberties i have taken with her sketch. if so, i will say to her,

MERCI BEAUCOUP!

13 comments:

  1. Oo la la! C'est tres beau jolie madame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, Lauren! I think you interpreted the sketch quite well... besides, a sketch is a starting point... right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo, i love your card, lauren! it's fabulous! love that vintage image and the beautiful blues :). thanks for sharing and have a lovely day! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!! I really do see the sketch in it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha its great. I love it. hehe squintin'. I see the sketch. I was going to do a card with this sketch, too, but have been *distracted* LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card you made!

    Hugs,Willy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well whatever ... I love your version ... maybe they should do a sketch around your card ... it's totally AWESOME!!!
    ps. thanks for the lovely comments

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have to make Fifi so homesick with that?
    Most beautiful Paris scene ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...LOVE it...I didn't have to squint:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is toooooooooooooo AWESOME! I loveeeeeeeeeee it! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally see the sketch!! ;) this is awesome girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous take on the sketch! love that you put in onto a card!
    Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays this week:)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~