Friday, February 18, 2011

jingle belles: CARD EIGHT

i'm really excited about this week's JINGLE BELLES prompt! we've teamed up with the wonderfully creative gals at SKETCHY THURSDAYS which means we've got an exclusive sketch by diana and TWO chances to link it up: once at jingle belles, and then a second time at sketchy thursdays! plus... there's going to be a prize awarded on each blog!

here's the sketch, which i think you'll agree is quite wonderful:

and here's my card:


(vintage illustration from "ideals" magazine; patterned paper: hambly, basic grey, pink paislee; cardstock: core'dinations; ruffles: pink paislee; leaf ribbon: may arts; wired pearls & poinsettia: michaels; acrylic snowflake: heidi swapp; wire & bead snowflake: jolees; rub-on sentiment: basic grey; ink: colorbox; adhesives:tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape; other: sewing machine)

this fun "crossover" means that in addition to seeing stef's card, and the cool prize that will be awarded to one lucky cardmaker this week on the JINGLE BELLES blog, you'll want to check out the gorgeous inspiration by the awesome sketchy thursdays team, and THE OTHER prize that's being given away on their blog!

to sum up: TWO prizes on TWO blogs and you only need to make ONE CARD to have a shot at both! (can i get a "WOOHOO?!") just link up your sketch-based finery at ST and JB by 10p EST on thursday, february 24th! see the post at JINGLE BELLES for complete details!

15 comments:

  1. I love how soft and pretty your card is! Happy to be partnering with you, chickie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw your card on the jingle belles page...so SUPER DUPER pretty!!! i love what you did with the vintage image and what a pretty white poinsettia!!! love the trims and things. just gorgeous, my friend!!! have a fabulous friday and weekend! big *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card - it is fresh and feminine. Very subtle and elegant. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card... I can almost feel the breeze blowing through the branches. How could you cut the picture out of Ideals... it had to be one for cutting purposes only. I grew up reading them and put my stack out for each season. (Sure dated myself there, didn't I?) Well any way... it's a lovely card. I appreciate the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This card is stunning!!... Loooove the colours and the pretty 'skirt' ... beautiful ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lauren, thanks for the comments. Yes there is another Pixie frame on an older post. Thank you for the interest and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooohhhhhh--aaaaaahhhhhh...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what's NOT to love about this card??!!!! i was instantly drawn to the sweet little birdies. so excited to be partnering with you guys this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooooooooooooo GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeee the pleats, the flower...and love love love love that paper!! And seriously... you should check out Gudrun's papers at 3ndypapir.no ... she sells them on her ETSY for US peeps... you WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!! She has been designing her papers for a few years now... and I have ALL her collections... GORGEOUS designs, AWESOME quality.... something you WILL NOT regret! I can not say enough good things about Gudrun...she is a ROCK STAR!!! And she designs for Cosmo Cricket too... soooo she's A+ in my book! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    Here is her ETSY... http://www.etsy.com/shop/3ndypapir

    She doesn't have a lot in there now... but convo her if interested and see if she is going to have more soon! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pure holiday magic ... I have a bunch of old Ideals magazines in my stash too that my sister rescued from my library's disposal ... they always remind me of my Gran, because she always had one on her coffee table and I would look at it for hours ... fabulous holiday card my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Certainly NOT what I think of when I think of your style (what? no pink? no BLING?) but very serene and pretty! Perfectly fits with the holiday theme if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great sketch...never heard of that site before...time to check it out! Your card is so calm and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my lord - that is soooo beautiful!!! <3<3<3<3 The colors are so soft & nice and I love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Like snow in the spring!
    Svetlana xx

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~