Thursday, February 3, 2011

in the limelight...seeing red...

hooray! it's time for limelight papercrafts sketch #66! and it's a goodie, too:


i love the way mandy's sketches always have enough to get you going...but you still have plenty of freedom in your interpretation! that's basically what you want in a sketch, right?!

this week's "product challenge"...with valentine's day fast approaching...is to incorporate some red embellishments. i apologize in advance to the paper crafters on the eastern coast of the US who plan to take part in this: i have used ALL of the red embellishments in this region. sorry. you could nip over to the limelight store though, where there are discounts galore!!! :)


(patterned paper: creative imaginations, echo park; flowers: prima, michaels, doodlebug; brads: doodlebug, queen & co; rub-ons: prima, american crafts, fancy pants, autumn leaves, michaels; stickers: k&co, susan branch; bling: recollections; adhesive: 3m foam tape; other: sewing machine)

see? you thought i was kidding, right? but no, as i told you: i have used ALL of the red embellishments on the eastern seaboard! :) i'd try to be a little more repentant about that, but i don't think you'd believe me anyway, because making this card was just SO MUCH FUN!

my very favorite part isn't all the fab red goodness, however, my favorite part is the scalloppy edge. so much so, that i've given it a photo of its very own:


i'd originally planned to either trim the right side or add ribbon (or something) to the left, but as the card developed i decided i really LIKED the asymmetrical look, so i left it. 'cause yeah! i'm a crazy crafty rebel--and i've got the super-abundance of red embellishments to prove it! ♥♥♥


and now, here's a little something for those of you who enjoy a bit of official "FINE PRINT":

**Use the sketch provided and try to incorporate some RED embellishments!
**Key word for SCS upload is LLPC066.
**Post a comment with a link to your card to the sketch post on Mandy's blog by midnight, Sunday, February 6th.
PRIZE ~ White Liquid Applique and an Odd Bird Planet "Me and You" stamp; winner is chosen randomly from all participants...GOOD LUCK!

14 comments:

  1. Wowza!!! Chock full of goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! is right!!! goodness girl you rocked this sketch/challenge :)
    i ♥ the punched edge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightfully scrumptious!!! LOVE this soooooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at RED...my fave color. It may be true that you used all the red embellies on our coast...I am not sure I OWN as many red embellies as there are on your card :) Of course, I TOTALLY love your card AND the sketch. I am gonna have to make time to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this, lauren! great mix of element, colors and love the scalloped edges:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh. Very pretty. And oh so Lauren. And thanks to you, I'll have to go with all PINK for my Valentines, now that you have used all the RED. (tee hee hee)
    I love this card, so it's worth the sacrifice. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is FABULOUS! It makes prone to giggling and makes me all happy inside. Thanks! And I am glad to live on the west coast, my red embellishments are safe for another day. Unless you have travel plans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren, every single one of your posts make me giggle until my kids come in and say, "What's so funny?"
    Thankfully I have a stash of red in my studio, so I will be able to participate in this challenge. ;)
    Love your card and all the lovely red glory it shouts. The 2 scalloped edges are a fantastic touch... enough to make you say, "Oh! Look at that!" Glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *SWOON*
    Scallopy edge, sewing, swirls, flowers, brads oh no....
    *SWOON AGAIN* and drooling, yes drooling! Your card is FANTASTIC! I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so CUTE!!! I love all of those red embellies! Wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I would say you stole all the red embellishments! But for a good use, this is fantastic!

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What I seem to be lacking in red embellishments, you seem to use in the most awesome of ways. Love the cohesiveness of your card, and that scalloped border is unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, and the punched edges looks good! My favorite is the cupcake!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know what it is about this card, but I'm totally into it. I guess its that I'm cut out of a notebook, and totally doodled on look to it (but all the pieces on it aren't doodled, but have that effect look) I love the colors. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~