Wednesday, February 2, 2011

be careful what you wish for!

having spent the last week saying, shouting, whining, and pleading, "NO MORE SNOW!" in various tones of voice, this morning we woke up to (...wait for iiiiiiiiiiiit...) ICE! yeah. thank you. snow will be fine, and i will shut up now. :)

on the plus side, i made a card! i used this lovely map from sketchy thursdays:



and incorporated the "LOVE" theme* at the city crafter challenge blog, to come up with a bit of an anniversary card:



(patterned paper: echo park + handmade india paper; cardstock diecuts: urban lily; cardstock stickers: echo park, creative imaginations; trims: making memories & american crafts; flowers: prima; brads: michaels (thanks, leslie!); adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)


ok, the sketch is a little smooshed...but it is THERE, honestly! i actually laid this out at first as a bit bigger...and rectangular... card, and then decided to "compress" it a bit in order to fit into a 6x6" envelope. i kind of slightly wish i'd gone with my first instinct, but i still think it's quite a pretty card; also i'm sort of shocked to find i'm quite loving the color GREY at the moment. who knew??!

if you are in the mid-atlantic region of the US...or indeed anywhere that weather conditions are a bit dangerous...do take extra good care today, darlings! or better yet: STAY HOME AND MAKE STUFF!!!** ♥♥♥



*let's all say that in our best "barry white" voices, shall we?! thanks. that was fun!
**just tell the boss, "lauren said so!" yeah. that'll work! :) :) :)

20 comments:

  1. Stunning card. Love those colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific ... I love everything about this ... the grey is stunning with the purple shades ... Thanks for joining us again at CCCB - have a nice day and stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card, lauren!!! love the mix of papers and colors and all the layering. just a gorgeous creation! love your take on the sketch. please stay warm and safe, miss lauren. have a great day of crafting! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, L, you should enter this at the play date cafe colour challenge this week - splash of purple. This is purfect!

    I always love your take on sketches; I take them so literally they can be a real challenge. Once in a while a sketch will speak to me and evolve into a card easily. I have learned a lot from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Loving the purple and grey. Wish I could stay home but alas I have an exam to get to. Roads aren't that bad around here but I'm afraid to see what my car looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are even cold for here in Phoenix..... usually 70 this time of year and today WINDY and 50!! Which for US... trust me that is COLD! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee your card... gorgeous colors! Thanks soooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card!Beautiful crown and the colors are fab! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is soooo pretty!!!! i definitely see the sketch in there. ;oD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work, yet again...man I love gray too...it's so hip right now...I love it's soft yet strong character!!!

    Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! I was just saying to AmyT that you leave THE BEST comments..they are so enthusiastic and like mini novels! LOL Love em! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. this card blow me away...many details but not complex..you did it so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ♥♥♥♥ your card!!
    ICE?! you poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow; this is amazing and stunning!!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card.
    Hate ice storms. So sorry for you.
    Sending happy WARM thoughts to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty colors, how could i never thought of that? thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I heard that! I too was complaining about snow and then bam! ICE! Snow please!?!! Your card is GORGEOUS! I can see the sketch in there (which I love, and must see more, and create, YAY FOR INSPIRATION!!) ROCK ON!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous gorgeous!! The colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an amazing card. I love those colors.. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  18. THis is absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The card turned out so great. I love the purples and it almost looks like a really hip tattoo card. Great job with the sketch. I need to do next weeks' ST sketch. I'm a slacker!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~