Tuesday, February 13, 2024

SOS515: Put Your Best Face Forward

Time for a brand new challenge at Shopping Our Stash, and if you've surmised, from the title, that the brief is to include a human face on your card, well done, you're exactly right!

Something I learned while choosing supplies for this challenge is that I have A LOT more cute critter stamps than I do humans. I'm sure that says something about me, but let's move on! I've definitely had MFT's Polynesian Paradise stamp set for years and years (possibly a decade?) and I suspect it's probably out of print, but I still love it and use it, as you can see. This time I stamped all the elements on scraps of ancient, Basic Grey not-quite-solid-colored papers, then added a bit of shading on top with my Prismacolor pencils. I diecut that super-chunky Lawn Fawn sentiment twice, so that I could add the white layer behind the red and have it pop out a bit more. I also used a black brush pen to add just a tiny bit of depth around the edges for the same reason. The square panel with the foliage is from a company called Paperhouse and I have no idea how I came to have it; behind that is more Basic Grey solid-not-solid goodness. 

SOS's Put Your Best Face Forward challenge runs until the evening of February 26 and we'd love for you to join the fun!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to have a reminder there are places that are not in the big deep freeze with a super cute tropical theme. Awesome card. I also noticed my stash is cute critter heavy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It is 43 degrees outside so your cute little lady warmed me up a bit! I have a lot of critter stamps too, and I don't really do a lot of critter cards!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~