Friday, February 2, 2024

JB2403: Rudolph the RED-Nosed Reindeer

This fortnight at Jingle Belles we're SEEING RED... in a good way! We're making cards in any size and shape, featuring any theme, with any ingredients but... they need to be predominantly RED! Sound like fun? Then why not join Stephanie and myself and get a jump on those holiday cards!

This card is an example of what my friend Leslie would've called "parts is parts"! By which I mean, I didn't actually create any of the elements, I just cut out, cut up or arranged existing elements. And I'm not to proud to admit it! Let's face it, if we're going to make a holiday card every week for the next forty-eight or so weeks, they're probably not all going to have several hours of stamping, embossing and fancy coloring, and that's FINE! In this case, I used an amazing sketch from Atlantic Hearts (#561) for which the challenge was over, but I fell in love with the distinctive "three triangles" concept and I thank them for the inspiration. All of the elements on top were cut or diecut from various older journal cards and patterned paper (Authentique, Simple Stories and American Crafts to name a few) and I'm really very happy with the result.

Our Rudolph the RED-Nosed Reindeer challenge runs until the evening of Wednesday, February 14th (aka Valentine's Day) and all holiday cardmakers are welcome to join us at Jingle Belles!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That sketch is great! So are all the brilliant elements on your card Lauren! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~