Tuesday, December 19, 2023

The Last SOS of 2023

For this year's final challenge at Shopping Our Stash (we're taking a short break and will return on January 16th!) let's go with the creative flow and showcase the last HOLIDAY cards of 2023: Christmas, belated Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Solstice, New Year... if it's a December holiday, it's fair game!


I needed a few fast Christmas cards, so luckily I could Shop My Stash and use up all some of the leftover diecuts from the December Holiday Jumpstart kit I made for Paper Anthology, here's a pic of the final version, for reference:


I don't know about you, but a great many of my projects start out by trying multiple versions of the various pieces. In this case, you can see that I was already sure what papers and dies I'd use... but which would be used for which underwent quite a few different options. 


Luckily, even the "rejected" bits looked well together and by pulling in a few pre-diecut backgrounds and extra bits I made both of these A6 cards in about fifteen minutes!


For the record, the deer are from Taylored Expressions' Woodland Silhouettes 1 and the Evergreens are hers as well. The arched frame and backer are Memory Box's Winter Wood Dome Layer and Nested Globes, respectively; that coverplate is older and I *think* was Pinkfresh; Lawn Fawn's Knit Picky, Spiffier Speckles and Woodgrain Cardstock feature prominently, not to mention various scraps of metallic, velvet and glitter papers.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic....these cards are so beautifully put together!! What great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new "Winter Holidays" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Merry Christmas!! #SOS512

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, I am always amazed at how you dig in a box of scraps and collage a card or two. Fabulous job of shopping your stash.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~