Friday, August 11, 2023

Oh Christmas Tree(s)

This fortnight at Jingle Belles we're celebrating the beauty of the Christmas Tree by adding one (or more) to our cards. OR, if you prefer, you could add pine branches or evergreen boughs or... well, you get the idea, right?! Here's my card:


I've only just acquired Simon Hurley's "Treescapes" set from Ranger, but I can already predict I'll be using the heck out of it, since, in addition to this glorious stand of pine trees (which I've stamped and overstamped in three shades of Simon's Dye Inks: Overzealous, Later Gator and Tropical Tango) it also has a mixed landscape of pines and deciduous trees, as well as a gorgeous beach full of palm trees. I was so in love with the layers of color, I kept my embellies really sparse: just a diecut snowflake (and an Eyelet Outlet Snowflake Brad), a simple sentiment, and a few mats of plain and patterned paper. Easy, peasy!


Head over to Jingle Belles to see what Stephanie has made to inspire you; then start thinking what you'll be linking!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you Lauren about the layers of colour - so beautiful! Love the simple snowflake and sentiment to embellish too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic design. I hope that you don't mind that I've pinned it for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~